RE: [govtrack] govtrack + metavid

  • Ryan Rarick
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 25 10:17 AM

      Michael,

      Hello.  Thanks for the information.  I look forward to checking the site out after my Internet connection comes back up at home.

      -Ryan

      From: Michael Dale <dale@...>
      To: govtrack@yahoogroups.com
      CC: Aphid <aphid@...>
      Subject: [govtrack] govtrack + metavid
      Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 09:30:35 -0700

      I am writing to the govTrack group to introduce the metavid project that
      we are working on.
      http://metavid.ucsc.edu

      In metavid we have been attempting to archive all house and senate floor
      audio/video/text record and make that archive freely available for
      re-contextulization research and play. All the system components are
      open source and freely available.The participant contributed scripts,
      overlays, annotations, and tags are are under free-document licenses
      similar to wikipeida. And we encourage the reuse of the public domain
      archive material. We are just getting started so the systems for user
      contributions are not yet fully implemented.

      We use a number of methods to extrapolate meta data on the video feeds
      for example we are reading the cspan nameplates and I foresee
      integration with govTrack.feeds in the near future ;)

      I would recommend that you just visit the site to see what its about and
      then email me or metavid@... if you have any questions, criticisms,
      or ideas :)

      --michael

      --