Re: [govtrack] Re: XML versions of Congressional Record debates

  • Joshua Tauberer / GovTrack.us
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 7, 2006
      Bryan Helmkamp wrote:
      > Basically, if you could just dump the relavent portion of source on
      > me, I've got a lot of free time together and I could get it going. I
      > think that would be ideal for both of us, short term.

      But maybe a very short term. The next time someone wants to use the
      sources, I don't want to go through the pain of re-explaining how it
      comes together, how to set up the people db, etc. Plus there's no way
      for us to keep our versions in sync as changes are made (including
      changes to the database of people, for instance).

      I guess the thing is that opening up the scripts is a low priority for
      me (sorry), especially if it's just a short-term solution. I would much
      rather enhance my scripts so that all of the original information makes
      it into files downloadable in the data directory, and then you can just
      use that.

      "Unfortunately, we're having this discussion. It's too bad,
      because guess who listens to the discussion: the enemy."