"Find my legislator" using data sources

  • Ben Schaffer
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 20, 2005
      Hello,

      Congrats on all the work this group is doing. GovTrack has impressed
      me quite a bit. At Joshua's suggestion, I'm posting here to see
      if anyone has interest in working with my team on a related project
      we're beginning.

      My team makes campaign software for activist organizations and
      progressive candidates, called Campaign Engine. We're proud of the
      comprehensiveness of our product, which is also very easy to use. It
      is LAMP-based, but it is a commercial product. You can read about it
      here: http://www.mediamezcla.com/products/campaign/

      For our next version, we want to implement a "find my legislator"
      feature -- ideally that works on local, state, and federal levels for
      50 states.

      We're looking for coders who can use TigerLine census data to create
      matching tables between ZIP+4 and local, state, and federal
      legislative districts. (Or, if you recommend a different approach,
      we'd consider it.) This is a for-pay, contract assignment.

      Anyone who's interested should email me at bschaffer@....
      Please include your resume, rates, and other relevant work information.

      Thanks again for the work you're doing.

      Best,
      Ben Schaffer
      Media Mezcla LLC