Katrina PeopleFinder project

  • Steve Andersen
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6 4:29 PM
      Hi All,

      Please pardon a post that's a bit off topic for this list, but I thought
      some might be interested because of the overlap with scraping and data
      interchange formats.

      There's a project going on to scrape the dozens of websites set up that
      list people know to be "safe" after the hurricane. The goal is to get
      that info into a central store available to web users for searching.

      http://katrina.internet2.edu/wiki/index.php/Katrina_PeopleFinder_Project

      An interchange format has been created:

      http://zesty.ca/pfif/

      If you are interested in helping, follow the instructions on the project
      website.

      Steve

      Steve Andersen
      ONE/Northwest, Program Manager