Illinois Strategy

  • Scott Beardsley
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 6, 2005
      --- Edward Summers <ehs@...> wrote:
      > Any ideas for
      > interjecting ourselves into these organizations?

      I'd say contact the government agency responsible for
      putting out the data. In Cali it's the Secretary of
      State but in Illinois it looks like the Board of
      Elections[1] is responsible.

      Illinois looks like they are a few steps ahead of
      California as far as uniform formatting. I did a
      little surfing and you can get 7 or so years of
      candidate[2] and election info[3] (in multiple
      formats). Put the two together and you can cross
      reference the names/positions in legislation[4].
      They've even got a dtd for the bill status[5].

      It's a round-a-bout way of getting everything we need
      but I think it's the best approach. Mine data from the
      sources responsible for creating/maintaining that
      data.

      What'dya think?

      Scott
      -----