Re: [govtrack] Political Spectrum of Bill Categories

  • Joshua Tauberer / GovTrack.us
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 11, 2005
      RMunsonNJ wrote:
      > Just wondering if it is possible to have a "political spectrum" type
      > chart of bill categories.

      I think that's possible with the same system that I use for the regular
      spectrum, but with over 4000 subject terms it would be pretty hard to
      display the result usefully. (Also I don't think I'm going to get
      around to trying this for a while.)

      Neal McBurnett wrote:
      > Thanks - looks like a good metric. How often is it
      > calculated/updated? Does it only look at items dated recently?

      Twice daily (if Technorati is working right, which it's sometimes not),
      and yes only the 50 or 100 (I forget) most recent blog entries
      mentioning bills.

      > Is there a way to get more than the
      > top four, and to preserve at least some of the data for future
      > reference?

      You're asking for too much. :)