Re: [govtrack] Californa state-level tracking

  • Joshua Tauberer
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 17, 2005
      Scott Beardsley wrote:
      > As a side project my friend and I are going to begin
      > digitizing the election results going back to the
      > start of California in 1850.

      Wow, good luck. That would be great to have online.

      > One thing that I've noticed about both govtrack.us and
      > aroundthecapitol.com is difficulty in browsing older
      > data. Any plans to improve this?

      That's a good point. There isn't a way on GovTrack to see who held what
      positions before this year. I'll add that to my list of things to do.

    • Scott Beardsley
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 17, 2005
        --- Joshua Tauberer <tauberer@...> wrote:

        > Wow, good luck.

        Hah, I don't know why people keep telling me that;
        maybe I'm about to find out.

        I've just found PURL (http://purl.org/) from reading a
        bit on RDF. It'd be nice to get an all-encompassing
        structure for government data sources.

        something like
        /gov/us/legislature/(bill|hearing|resolution|...) for
        most of your stuff.
        then /gov/us/ca/legislature/(election|bill|...) for
        mine.

        I'm betting this was already part of the plan, but I
        wanted to throw it out in case it wasn't.

        Scott

        http://my.yahoo.com