Re: [govtrack] Personal Democracy Forum

  • Ed Summers
    Message 1 of 12 , May 20, 2005
      > Do you mean as a general hang-out place or a place to have some sort of
      > meeting/conference from time to time? I know I wouldn't end up in
      > there
      > without a specific call for meeting -- it's just too distracting for me
      > to idle on IRC. But, as for a place for a meeting, I think that's a
      > good idea, if we want to do that.

      either/or -- irc is a valuable collaboration tool for programmer types
      who aren't afraid of text, which is sometimes overlooked. It can be a
      time sink however.

      A good thing about having an irc hangout place is that people can ask
      questions and brain storm when they feel like it in real time.Then when
      the time comes for a meeting people who have dropped in once or twice
      know how to connect and set up a client etc...

      I've found conversations in irc are much easier to follow than email
      discussions which is sometimes like having a long distance conversation
      over a bad line. irc logs can be archived and indexed as well.

      //Ed