Re: [govtrack] Question on New Bill XML

    Message 1 of 3 , May 23, 2013
      On 05/22/2013 01:40 PM, telos3k wrote:
      > What's the current thinking on having github.com/unitedstates/congress replace the traditional govtrack bill data, as congress-legislators replaced people.xml? Is the github data complete enough to use instead of the bill data for the 113th, or would that be making the transition prematurely?

      The 113th Congress bill & vote data on GovTrack is derived entirely from
      the unitedstates/congress project, so if you're using the GovTrack data
      you're already using the congress project data. If you're OK with
      running the scrapers yourself, or using those bulk data downloads, I
      recommend switching. That project is the future.

      Eventually I'll have a mirror of the congress project files the same way
      I have the current/legacy files in rsync, but I haven't gotten there yet.

      Plus everything Eric said.

      We definitely need to do better at documentation.