Re: [govtrack] congress directory over rsync not available

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 26, 2013
      Thanks!

      On 04/26/2013 09:13 AM, Islam Sharabash wrote:
      Hi Josh,

      Thanks for the link, also thanks for putting together govtrack, it's pretty awesome!

      Cheers,

      Islam

      On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 7:54 AM, Josh Tauberer <tauberer@...> wrote:
      Hi, Islam.

      I tried rsyncing into the congress directory but couldn't. It appears it's a symlink outside of the tree.

      That's right. It's not possible to symlink that directory. It's not really supposed to be there.

      If you browsed it over http, you may have noticed it is the output of the github:unitedstates/congress project. For a mirror of those files, see Eric Mill/Sunlight's mirror:
      https://github.com/unitedstates/congress/wiki

      p.s. did you know to post to this list I had to auth with google, fill in my birthday, create an alias, join the group, fill in a captcha... ouch!

      I'm sorry?

      On 04/25/2013 09:02 PM, ijustwanttoposttoamailinglisthel wrote:
      I tried rsyncing into the congress directory but couldn't. It appears it's a symlink outside of the tree. I am new to rsync, so maybe I did something wrong, but I wanted to let you guys know.
      Please reply back to my email address.

          govtrack-digest@yahoogroups.com
          govtrack-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/