Re: Data traversal

  • abbottfleur
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 10, 2013
      I see where I got upended. When I did a CurrenttMembers query, the Member and Person data returned were abbreviated versions (no id, just name and district). If I do a query like this, how do I get to the actual Member / Role information?
      As I have more time, Ill be traversing the data more vigorously.
      Abbott

      > Hi Abbott,
      >
      > The IDs are definitely consistent across APIs. Can you provide an example?
      >
      > Committees are not currently available in the API (I just haven't gotten
      > around to it yet).
      >
      > - Josh Tauberer (@JoshData)
      >
      > http://razor.occams.info
      >
      > On 04/06/2013 03:10 PM, abbottfleur wrote:
      > > I am new to your api data and was wondering if there were any methods to easily get from CurrentMembers to a Specific member.. or from a committee to its members or current bills?
      > >
      > > I'm finding the returned json objects are not consistent depending upon which api calls are used to access them.
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > > Abbott

    • abbottfleur
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 10, 2013
        As a follow up, I see that Committees are returned as part of a bill request. EN lieu of parsing all the bills to find all the committees (and ??? sub-committees), is thee a direct query that allows me to find a committee via it's id ... and in turn, getting all its members?
        Abbott

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 13, 2013
          Hi, Abbot.

          I've just added committee and committee membership API endpoints. So you
          can find committees that way. For finding bills, you can filter using
          committees=committee_id or committees=committee_id1|committee_id2|....

          Best,

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 13, 2013
            > When I did a CurrenttMembers query, the Member and Person data returned were abbreviated versions (no id, just name and district).

            What URL?