Re: [govtrack] Data traversal

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 6, 2013
      Hi Abbott,

      The IDs are definitely consistent across APIs. Can you provide an example?

      Committees are not currently available in the API (I just haven't gotten
      around to it yet).

      On 04/06/2013 03:10 PM, abbottfleur wrote:
      > I am new to your api data and was wondering if there were any methods to easily get from CurrentMembers to a Specific member.. or from a committee to its members or current bills?
      >
      > I'm finding the returned json objects are not consistent depending upon which api calls are used to access them.
      >
      > Thanks
      > Abbott

    • abbottfleur
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 10, 2013
        I see where I got upended. When I did a CurrenttMembers query, the Member and Person data returned were abbreviated versions (no id, just name and district). If I do a query like this, how do I get to the actual Member / Role information?
        As I have more time, Ill be traversing the data more vigorously.
        Abbott

        > Hi Abbott,
        >
        > The IDs are definitely consistent across APIs. Can you provide an example?
        >
        > Committees are not currently available in the API (I just haven't gotten
        > around to it yet).
        >
        > - Josh Tauberer (@JoshData)
        >
        > http://razor.occams.info
        >
        > On 04/06/2013 03:10 PM, abbottfleur wrote:
        > > I am new to your api data and was wondering if there were any methods to easily get from CurrentMembers to a Specific member.. or from a committee to its members or current bills?
        > >
        > > I'm finding the returned json objects are not consistent depending upon which api calls are used to access them.
        > >
        > > Thanks
        > > Abbott

      • abbottfleur
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 10, 2013
          As a follow up, I see that Committees are returned as part of a bill request. EN lieu of parsing all the bills to find all the committees (and ??? sub-committees), is thee a direct query that allows me to find a committee via it's id ... and in turn, getting all its members?
          Abbott

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 13, 2013
            Hi, Abbot.

            I've just added committee and committee membership API endpoints. So you
            can find committees that way. For finding bills, you can filter using
            committees=committee_id or committees=committee_id1|committee_id2|....

            Best,

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 13, 2013
              > When I did a CurrenttMembers query, the Member and Person data returned were abbreviated versions (no id, just name and district).

              What URL?