Re: [govtrack] Re: Squashed IDs (Kathryn O’Loughl in McCarthy)

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 5 5:51 AM
      Thanks.

      Biographical info is now collected on github, so the best place to post these sorts of issues is now:
      https://github.com/unitedstates/congress-legislators/issues

      Eric happened to have already filled in the genders (though I hadn't pulled it into GovTrack), and I added the birthday. I'm updating GovTrack now.

      Filtering by congress_number is a little tricky since I don't have it in my db, and for senators there are three congresses per term. So I can't add that at the moment.

      On 03/04/2013 09:39 PM, Maurizio wrote:

      Got it co-sponsorship is required for the stat analysis.

      Two more things:

      1. birthday of Rep. Carol Shea-Porter is "null" should be 1952-12-2
      2. gender of Stockman, Steve (Rep.)  should be "male"
      3. gender of Salmon, Matt (Rep.)  should be "male"

      Request:  filter by congress_number (please!)

      Thanks,
      Maurizio

      I see the "rolls" from all the congress though not just 93 and on - is something more needed to run the analysis?

      Let's start with what the analysis is:
      http://www.govtrack.us/about/analysis#ideology

      Thanks,

      On 03/04/2013 11:11 AM, Maurizio wrote:

      Yeah I can see it now. So fast!

      I see the "rolls" from all the congress though not just 93 and on - is something more needed to run the analysis?

      Anyway, thanks so much for the incredibly fast response. If there's anywhere where I can leave an extremely positive feedback, please let me know, I'd love to.

      Maurizio

      --- In govtrack@yahoogroups.com, Josh Tauberer <tauberer@> wrote:

      I hadn't run the analysis on historical data, but I'm running it now.
      (93rd Congress and on, which is where bill data starts.)

      On 03/04/2013 10:23 AM, Maurizio wrote:

      Ah thanks, I'll look that up.

      Related question: is there leadership/partisanship data on past governments?
      I can see the missed votes there but can't find eadership/partisanship data.

      Thanks,
      Maurizio

      --- In govtrack@yahoogroups.com, Josh Tauberer <tauberer@> wrote:

      In principle it would affect the end date of the last term, but before
      about 2005 most of the end dates are just the end date of the Congress.

      I think there's better info on that in one of the datasets here:
      http://web.mit.edu/17.251/www/data_page.html

      On 03/04/2013 08:53 AM, Maurizio wrote:

      Hello Josh,

      the historical data is very interesting. If a senator/representative passed away, is that date in the data? I can't seem to find it.

      Thanks,
      Maurizio

      --- In govtrack@yahoogroups.com, Josh Tauberer <tauberer@> wrote:

      If you work with the historical data, please note that the people with
      IDs 407328 and 408295 have been merged into 408295 since it was the same
      person. This affects the 73rd Congress only.

      For more details, see
      https://github.com/unitedstates/congress-legislators/issues/38.

          govtrack-digest@yahoogroups.com
          govtrack-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com