Re: [govtrack] Re: Squashed IDs (Kathryn O’Loughl in McCarthy)

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 4, 2013
      I hadn't run the analysis on historical data, but I'm running it now.
      (93rd Congress and on, which is where bill data starts.)

      On 03/04/2013 10:23 AM, Maurizio wrote:
      > Ah thanks, I'll look that up.
      >
      > Related question: is there leadership/partisanship data on past governments?
      > I can see the missed votes there but can't find eadership/partisanship data.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Maurizio
      >
      > --- In govtrack@yahoogroups.com, Josh Tauberer <tauberer@...> wrote:
      >> In principle it would affect the end date of the last term, but before
      >> about 2005 most of the end dates are just the end date of the Congress.
      >>
      >> I think there's better info on that in one of the datasets here:
      >> http://web.mit.edu/17.251/www/data_page.html
      >>
      >> - Josh Tauberer (@JoshData)
      >>
      >> http://razor.occams.info
      >>
      >> On 03/04/2013 08:53 AM, Maurizio wrote:
      >>> Hello Josh,
      >>>
      >>> the historical data is very interesting. If a senator/representative passed away, is that date in the data? I can't seem to find it.
      >>>
      >>> Thanks,
      >>> Maurizio

    • Maurizio
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 4, 2013
        Yeah I can see it now. So fast!

        I see the "rolls" from all the congress though not just 93 and on - is something more needed to run the analysis?

        Anyway, thanks so much for the incredibly fast response. If there's anywhere where I can leave an extremely positive feedback, please let me know, I'd love to.

        Maurizio

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 4, 2013
          I see the "rolls" from all the congress though not just 93 and on - is something more needed to run the analysis?

          Let's start with what the analysis is:
          http://www.govtrack.us/about/analysis#ideology

          Thanks,

          On 03/04/2013 11:11 AM, Maurizio wrote:
[...]

              govtrack-digest@yahoogroups.com
              govtrack-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Maurizio
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 4, 2013
            Got it co-sponsorship is required for the stat analysis.

            Two more things:

            1. birthday of Rep. Carol Shea-Porter is "null" should be 1952-12-2
            2. gender of Stockman, Steve (Rep.) should be "male"
            3. gender of Salmon, Matt (Rep.) should be "male"

            Request: filter by congress_number (please!)

            Thanks,
            Maurizio

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 5, 2013
              Thanks.

              Biographical info is now collected on github, so the best place to post these sorts of issues is now:
              https://github.com/unitedstates/congress-legislators/issues

              Eric happened to have already filled in the genders (though I hadn't pulled it into GovTrack), and I added the birthday. I'm updating GovTrack now.

              Filtering by congress_number is a little tricky since I don't have it in my db, and for senators there are three congresses per term. So I can't add that at the moment.