Re: Vote API disabled for the moment

  • mcafeeryan92
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 23, 2013
      Hi,

      What's going on with the vote_voter functionality? Is there some equivalent available in v2, or is v1's functionality going to work soon or is it changed? Thanks so much!

      -Ryan

      > Someone's queries to the votes API were bringing down my whole server,
      > so I've disabled the two votes endpoints for the moment.
      >
      > MySQL wasn't optimizing a query very well, to say the least.
      >
      > --
      > - Josh Tauberer (@JoshData)
      >
      > http://razor.occams.info

    • Maurizio
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 24, 2013
        Hello Josh,

        first, thank you for your awesome work.
        I wanted to ask if you'll enable vote_voter for v2 as well :)

        Cheers,
        Maurizio

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 24, 2013
          Ok it's enabled now.

          The 'option' filter doesn't work the same. You can pass the ID of an
          option object, which you can get from the vote API.

          I'll try to add documentation this week.

        • Maurizio
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 24, 2013
            Thanks Josh, I can see it now. You rock.

            Maurizio

            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 27, 2013
              Documentation for the v2 API is up:

              http://www.govtrack.us/developers/api

              FYI, v2 also adds full text search for bills (and people).

                  govtrack-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  govtrack-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/