Re: [govtrack] Govtrack contributions

  • TML
    Message 1 of 4 , May 6, 2005
      ...and then we'll really start moving things VOTERS consider important
      out of the shadows of Washington. I'd love to see our 'captive' (by
      industry, party, or ideology...take your pick) representatives
      compelled to utilize technologies that undermine the value of their
      captivity by the various interest groups. Technology may yet reveal
      the true nature of our country's power structures, for all to see. I
      just hope citizens will actually want to do something with that
      revelation. That is not guaranteed.

      And yeah, that screencast WAS interesting!
      thanks,
      Tom

      On May 6, 2005, at 09:05, Joshua Tauberer / GovTrack wrote:

      > The screencast was really interesting.  Showing library-status links
      > in
      > Amazon is the type of thing that would be so much simpler to
      > accomplish
      > if only we were a bit further along with the semantic web.  Embedding
      > things like RDF URIs for bills in RSS feeds and, hopefully, on web
      > pages, will make browsing the web so much richer -- in the same way
      > that
      > using JavaScript to inject information makes pages more informative.
      >
      > - Josh
    • Jeremy Dunck
      Message 2 of 4 , May 6, 2005
        On 5/6/05, TML <tlinder@...> wrote:
        > And yeah, that screencast WAS interesting!
        > thanks,
        > Tom

        Jon Udell is quite regularly interesting. He's a tech journalist, but
        (I say but because it's somewhat unusual) he consistently thinks,
        pushes the envelope, and shares.