New address for legacy/deprecated APIs

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23, 2012
      Hi, all.

      I know I already gave someone a real headache for not giving a heads up
      and feel bad about that.

      If you haven't seen, GovTrack is now on "2.0". The whole web backend got
      rewritten. Everything public-facing has changed.

      If anyone is using one of the GovTrack "APIs" --- i.e. an HTTP call to a
      URL with an .xpd extension --- those are now running at a different
      location: http://legacy.govtrack.us rather than www.govtrack.us.

      These URLs did not yet make it over to the new site and probably will
      look completely different anyway when I start building proper APIs.

      If you don't use those APIs, nothing to worry about. Nothing changed in
      the data files.

      Thanks, and apologies if I messed things up for you.