Digital Technologies for 21st Century Democracy! Participate in the debate!

  • Susana
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2011
      Dear all,

      My name is Susana Mañueco, and I work in the communications department of a high-profile international non profit organization called the Club de Madrid (www.clubmadrid.org), which is a nonpartisan membership organization consisting of 80 of the most influential democratically-elected former Presidents and Prime Ministers from around the world, including Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter, former UN Secretary General Kofi Annan, former Soviet Union President Mikhail Gorbachev, former President of Chile Michelle Bachelet, and former Mexican President Vicente Fox.

      The Club de Madrid is hosting its annual conference ( http://www.clubmadrid.org/2011conference/) in New York on November 8-9 (the first time it is being held in the U.S.), focused on the role of digital technology in 21st century democracy -- exploring how digital tools, networks and new forms of media are challenging institutions and the relationships between governments and citizens. The conference will end with a gala dinner honoring President Clinton, the Club's Honorary Chair. Many of the Club of Madrid's members will be in attendance at both events, along with some of the world's most experienced business leaders, policymakers and scholars (from Jeff Jarvis to Micah L. Sifry). NYC Mayor, Michael R. Bloomberg has confirmed its participation.

      This is an important conversation and an unparalleled network to be involved in. We would love to have participants that can really enrich the debate.

      Thank you in advance. I look forward to hearing back from the memmbers of govtrack.

      Sincerely,

      Susana Mañueco
      http://www.clubmadrid.org/2011conference/
      smanueco@...