What happened to House roll 484?

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 28, 2011
      Roll number 484 is missing. Anyone know what happened?

      http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2011/index.asp

      - GovTrack.us / POPVOX.com

      http://razor.occams.info | www.govtrack.us | www.popvox.com
    • Derek Willis
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 28, 2011
        Yes - this is an interesting case. The vote on 484 was closed and some members protested, saying they had not been given an opportunity to vote (a freshman was in the chair at the time). The chair decided to vacate that vote and hold it again, and that became vote 485. As far as the house is concerned, 484 does not exist.

        From the clerk's summary:

        Mr. Jackson (IL) raised a point of order. Subsequent to the completion of a roll call vote on the Conyers amendment No. 9, the final disposition was called into question and by unanimous consent, the proceedings were vacated and the Conyers amendment No. 9 was redesignated and the question of adoption was put again by the Chair de novo for a re-vote by the Committee of the Whole.

        http://clerk.house.gov/floorsummary/floor.aspx?day=20110623&today=20110628

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1 11:38 AM
          Ah, thanks! I need to fix my cron job so I stop getting big error emails
          about this every few hours....

          - Josh Tauberer
          - CivicImpulse

          http://razor.occams.info