973Re: [govtrack] Committee-related data changes

    Feb 8, 2011
      > Sweet, thanks for letting us know about this. An issue to report though:
      > /data/us/112/committees.xml is missing Senators and Representatives new
      > to the 112th.

      Actually I'm pretty sure it's missing all representatives entirely. :)
      I'm waiting for clerk.house.gov to publish committee assignments. I'll
      look into the Senate assignments but it's probably an upstream issue
      (i.e. the Senate, ugh).

      - Josh Tauberer
      - CivicImpulse

      http://razor.occams.info
      http://www.civicimpulse.com

      On 02/08/2011 10:19 AM, Eric Mill wrote:

      > Sweet, thanks for letting us know about this. An issue to report though:
      > /data/us/112/committees.xml is missing Senators and Representatives new
      > to the 112th.
      >
      > It has a few new Senators (Kirk, Manchin, Coons), but only ones that
      > were sworn in during the 111th session as a result of winning a special
      > election.
      >
      > Same for the House - for example, Rep. Hurt from VA-5 is absent from the
      > listings.
      >
      > -- Eric
      >
      > On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 12:32 PM, Josh Tauberer <tauberer@...
      > <mailto:tauberer@...>> wrote:
      >
      > I've just made some data format changes. It's effective immediately
      > because I had broken the data anyway.
      >
      > us/[session]/people.xml
      > -----------------------
      > Removed: committee-assignment elements giving the current committee
      > assignments of members. You can find this in
      > us/[session]/committees.xml instead.
      >
      > us/[session]/committeeschedule.xml
      > ----------------------------------
      > New: Attribute committee-id giving the ID of the committee named, e.g.
      > "SSEG", which ties to us/committees.xml and
      > us/[session]/committees.xml.

      > - CivicImpulse / GovTrack.us
      >
      > http://razor.occams.info | www.govtrack.us <http://www.govtrack.us>
      > | civicimpulse.com <http://civicimpulse.com>
      >
      > "Members of both sides are reminded not to use guests of the
      > House as props."

      > <mailto:govtrack-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com>

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic