525Re: question about voting

  • tay199
    Jun 24, 2008
      So what do you guys have in mind? Is as simple as "write-a-bill" with
      wiki backbone? If so, this is very doable.

      --- In govtrack@yahoogroups.com, "Harvey Frey" <hsfrey@...> wrote:

      > Josh:
      >
      > So what you're saying is that the technical issues raised by
      tay199 are irrelevant, since there is no practical way to get the
      attention of any congresspeople, short of arriving with large checks
      in hand.

      > I don't know that that's necessarily so, since I've been asked,
      out of the blue, (just on the basis of my website) to help a
      congressman and later a senator draft legislation on the ERISA issue.

      > Of course, neither of them paid any attention to what I wrote. <G>
      > But I think that's because they were both republicans and not
      sympathetic to my more patient-oriented initiatives.

      > So, I wouldn't be completely pessimistic, given that we may have
      a new congress more interested in new approaches.

      > Harvey

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic