479Re: Launching a New Site

  • tay199
    Feb 28, 2008
      Thank you very much for the specific feedback.

      > 4. At that same URL you can click on a party, but nothing seems to
      > happen if you do

      Working on this, ASAP.

      > 5. If there are 0 govit members in a district, how could you get a
      > count of how many agree or disagree? I'm not totally clear on that
      > stat, for instance, I'm looking at Wayne Gilchrest, District 1, MD

      :o Working on this ASAP.

      > 6. On login page, provide a link for a new registrant

      Nice point!

      > 7. Great site, but not exactly enamored with the name "govit" It'll do.

      Yeah, I was thinking like... taking control... governing the US. I'm
      glad it's ok.

      > 8. Are you willing to share your congressional map? I got bolluxed
      up last year when working with flash and congressional districts
      because my maps had too darned many points on the boundaries. Looks
      like you've got a terrifically generalized file. Fast loading, and good.

      Yes, I'm planning to open it up, but may take a little while while we
      finish debugging. What is your website?

      I ran into the same problem of "too darned many points". I used this
      tool, and seems to have worked great http://www.mapshaper.org/

      Thanks again.

      Taylor

      > On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 8:19 PM, tay199 <tay199@...> wrote:
      > >

      > > I'm launching my site govit.com.
      > >
      > > It's similar to govtrack.us, having legislation. New features are
      > > voting on legislation, and sending your vote directly to your
      > > representatives (I think that's the really cool feature).
      > >
      > > I got the idea when I tried to contact my reps about the Net
      > > Neutrality Bill. I got frustrated that I didn't know who my reps
      > > where, how to contact them... I just wished it could all be easier...
      > > so I made govit.
      > >
      > > I found govtrack.us along the way and really appreciate the
      > > inspiration, and tips I've received you've given me.
      > >
      > > Hope you like it, and any feedback is greatly appreciated :)
      > >
      > > Thank you,
      > >
      > > Taylor Norrish

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic