476Re: [govtrack] Launching a New Site

  • Marjorie Roswell
    Feb 28, 2008
      1. Nice site.
      2. for cases where vote is 100%, no red should appear on the bar.
      3. http://www.govit.com/Pages/UsGovernment.aspx
      Change "house representatives" either to "house of representatives" or
      just "house"
      (Actually, personally I prefer proper case, but I realize that's a
      style choice.)
      4. At that same URL you can click on a party, but nothing seems to
      happen if you do
      5. If there are 0 govit members in a district, how could you get a
      count of how many agree or disagree? I'm not totally clear on that
      stat, for instance, I'm looking at Wayne Gilchrest, District 1, MD
      6. On login page, provide a link for a new registrant
      7. Great site, but not exactly enamored with the name "govit" It'll do.
      8. Are you willing to share your congressional map? I got bolluxed up
      last year when working with flash and congressional districts because
      my maps had too darned many points on the boundaries. Looks like
      you've got a terrifically generalized file. Fast loading, and good.

      On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 8:19 PM, tay199 <tay199@...> wrote:
      > I'm launching my site govit.com.
      > It's similar to govtrack.us, having legislation. New features are
      > voting on legislation, and sending your vote directly to your
      > representatives (I think that's the really cool feature).
      > I got the idea when I tried to contact my reps about the Net
      > Neutrality Bill. I got frustrated that I didn't know who my reps
      > where, how to contact them... I just wished it could all be easier...
      > so I made govit.
      > I found govtrack.us along the way and really appreciate the
      > inspiration, and tips I've received you've given me.
      > Hope you like it, and any feedback is greatly appreciated :)
      > Thank you,
      > Taylor Norrish
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic