303Re: Site Feedback

  • tay199
    Apr 23, 2007
      The procedural votes is tough. The votes will sort by the most active.
      This means the site will rely knowledgeable active members to get the
      voting activity started.

      The esoteric nature of government is also tough. Need tools to help
      people help each other out with the legislation. Right now I've got
      "Comments" for the bills. Also hoping groups and friends can help out.

      I'll get a working beta up soon to show you how it's working.

      Thanks for the input.

      Taylor

      --- In govtrack@yahoogroups.com, "Tim McGhee" <timtom@...> wrote:

      > That's a very interesting idea. It sounds like a Fantasy Congress
      kind of
      > site!
      >
      > It will be interesting to see how you/people handle a lot of the
      procedural
      > votes that happen. Most people have no idea what most of the votes are
      > about.
      >
      > At first glance, your "fun" design looks simpler than the "simple"
      design.
      > I can't tell exactly how you have it set up, but I would mention
      that I'm
      > not a fan of hiding primary functions behind mouseover requirements.
      > Simplicity is good.
      >
      > Tim
      > 10,914 days <http://numberyourdays.com/?d=June+5+1977>
      >

      > On 4/23/07, tay199 <tay199@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello,
      > >
      > > I'm working on a site that allows you to vote on active legislation.
      > > When you vote, you will be able to send your vote to your
      > > representatives. You'll also be able to keep a running tally of how
      > > you voted vs. your representatives. There will also be some social
      > > networking tools as well.
      > >
      > > I'm currently working on the design. I'm debating between "simple" vs.
      > > "fun". Which do you like better?
      > >
      > > http://www.flickr.com/photos/69723062@N00/
      > >
      > > Thanks for your thoughts and inspiration.
      > >
      > > Taylor
      > >

      > --
      > Tim McGhee
      > 703-798-3227