      From: govtrack@yahoogroups.com [mailto:govtrack@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Joshua Tauberer / GovTrack.us
      Sent: Monday, November 06, 2006 3:48 PM
      To: govtrack@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [govtrack] Two Project Ideas

      Andrew Badr wrote:

      > I'm already working Project 2 :)

      When can we all expect to see a demo? :)

      But, seriously, that's great. Keep us all posted.

      http://razor. occams.info

      "Strike up the klezmer and start acting like a man. You're
      about to have a truth-mitzvah. " -- The Colbert Report

      *Joshua Tauberer / GovTrack.us* <tauberer@govtrack. us

      <mailto:tauberer@govtrack. us>> wrote:

      > In case anyone on the list is bored and wants to work on
      a project that
      > would be really useful, I want to extract two ideas out
      of the current
      > read-the-bill thread. (And since GovTrack has a moderate
      surplus at the
      > moment, I could potentially fund one.)

      Project 1 - Version Tracking Bills

      > Given two PDF versions of a
      bill (such as the bill as it was introduced
      > and then as it was after
      being reported by a committee, or in the case
      > in the other thread, as it
      was after being passed by the Senate and then
      > again after it was
      following the conference committee), what are the
      > additions, removals,
      and changes that were made?

      > The idea is to have the effect of
      combining the Linux tools pdftotext
      > and diff, but better. Or, to tweak
      that process so that the output is
      > actually useful for a regular
      citizen.

      > Project 2 - Collecting Advocacy Positions
      >
      > I want to display on GovTrack the positions of advocacy

      groups/individuals on particular bills. What I need is a way for

      independent organizations/ individuals to enter their positions on

      bills/amendments/ votes (support/oppose/ ambivalent + comment), or to

      href="http://razor.occams.info">http://razor. occams.info <http://razor. occams.info>

      > "Strike up the klezmer and start acting like a man. You're

      about to have a truth-mitzvah. " -- The Colbert Report

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic