1057Re: [govtrack] GovTrack API (experimental)

    May 17 3:58 AM
      On 05/16/2012 11:39 PM, Eric Mill wrote:
      > Super awesome, really glad to see this happen. Nice job with the docs,
      > too (and a nice reminder to redo and update my own).

      Thanks. I drew on a few ideas from RTC, e.g. I made sure the
      infrastructure I chose (Tasypie) supported __[operator] filtering.

      > Are you using this in anything yourself now?

      Not yet. The main reason I made it is so when people come to me asking
      for CSV exports I have a way to pull them quickly. If people want to
      build actual apps, even better. (Only half joking.)

      Except that the API is tightly coupled to the site's models, so I use it
      at that level. (Makes it practically self-documenting too.)

      On 05/16/2012 11:39 PM, Eric Mill wrote:

      > Super awesome, really glad to see this happen. Nice job with the docs,
      > too (and a nice reminder to redo and update my own).
      >
      > Are you using this in anything yourself now?
      >
      > -- Eric
      >
      > On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 9:07 PM, Josh Tauberer <tauberer@...
      > <mailto:tauberer@...>> wrote:
      >
      > I've put this off just about long enough-
      >
      > GovTrack now has an API!
      >
      > Currently bills and people are included in the API. (Votes and
      > committees will come later if there's interest.)
      >
      > More here:
      >
      > http://www.govtrack.us/developers/api
      >
      > It's experimental at the moment. I don't have any caching on it, no API
      > keys, etc. Go easy!
      >
      > --
      > - Josh Tauberer (@JoshData)

      > <mailto:govtrack-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com>