Re: [Governors Island Brats] Hotel Pennsylvania Update

  • dreamer7772000
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2006
      Thanks Dan, I was beginning to think no one read my update. I will
      tell "the mystery guest" of your thanks as well. Dawn
      --- In governorsislandbrats2@yahoogroups.com, Dan Dabrowski
      <dabrowd6671@...> wrote:

      > Once again thaks dawn and also thanks to "The Mystery Guest"
      > Dan
      Dabrowski

> [...]
      > information from this person's personal tour of the hotel
      property.
      > In the meantime, I searched the internet and could not find any
      > other cases of Bed bugs in the Hotel Penn. I have worked with
      > several Attorneys over the past 10 years and found it a bit odd
      that
      > a hotel of that size (1,753 rooms) would only have one room with
      the
      > problem. In fact, the bugs could have been brought to the hotel by
      > the guest. The hotel cannot comment on the lawsuit, but did let me
      > know that Dateline did an extensive inspection on several NYC
      hotels
      > and the Hotel Penn passed that inspection completely. Here is a
      > link to the story done by Dateline. Please read it through and
      watch
      > the entire video as it has some great tips for conducting your own
      > search upon arrival to your room at the hotel.
      > http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11916682/ You may have to copy and
      paste
      > the link!
      >
      > Here is the report I received from my helper after the personal
      tour
      > of the hotel:
      >
      > "Today I met with Diana Hernandez. She showed me three sample
      rooms
      > as well as the reception room in which the gathering would
      probably
      > take place. Here are my thoughts.
      > The hotel is an older building, and the rooms definitely reflect
      > this fact. The public areas- hallways and reception rooms- are far
      > more up-to-date in style and glitz. Nevertheless, the furnishings
      > though "tired" are adequate; no obvious signs of infestation. I
      > imagine its location- central to the Herald Square area, subways,
      > fast food restaurants, and the Long Island Railroad contributes to
      > the possibility of roaches. Diane assured me that they have
      > continual treatment by exterminators; a procedure typical of most
      > city establishments. The rooms were clean and furnished with I
      would
      > guess "seventies" style furniture. There was a refrigerator in one
      > of the rooms. Diana said that not all the rooms have this, but
      upon
      > request, if a guest would need one for medication, it would be
      > supplied. The rooms vary in size. The bathroom tiles were
      original,
      > though obviously over the years re-grouted, and the utilities
      > modernized through the years. The lobby was filled with guests and
      > there were several restaurants on the premises. The rooms were not
      > as luxurious as my son-in-law suggested, and yet they seemed
      > perfectly suitable for a long weekend; and superior to what I
      would
      > expect for the price being charged. I still think you made an
      > excellent choice. Remember, this is a city where people are paying
      > over $2000/month to live in a room of commensurate size.
      Everything
      > is New York (and I guess in life) is a trade-off.
      >
      > I felt it was fair to address the concerns, but at this time (or
      > even a couple of months ago) it is too late to try and find
      another
      > venue for our reunion. I leave it up to each individual and
      everyone
      > is free to stay at another hotel if they chose. However, I am
      > confident, you will not find a better value. In fact, the guest
      > rooms the Hotel Penn has reserved for our event are "superior"
      rooms
      > and a bit larger than the standard rooms. The events (with the
      > exception of the cruise) will be held at the Hotel Penn as
      planned.
      > The hotel is now ready for your reservations so call at your
      > convenience to make reservations. Do let them know you are with
      the
      > Governors island Brats to get the "superior" rooms at the standard
      > rate. Please do not let a couple of women ruin our fun!!!
      >
      > Sincerely, Dawn (Fenner) Dreizler 72-79

      > Military reunion Military Military rings Military
      computer Military jewelry Military cases

      Service.

      > ---------------------------------

    • dreamer7772000
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2006
        Hi Jackie, I remember now that you read this too. My sister lives in
        Hoboken NJ and she said even though your hotel is 10 minutes from
        ours to allow more time than that for travel. In NYC it sometimes
        takes an hour to go 10 miles! ;o) Even worse than when we were
        there!! Dawn
        --- In governorsislandbrats2@yahoogroups.com, Jackie Frye
        <jfrye530@...> wrote:

        > Thanks for the information Dawn. I am planning on attending the
        meet and greet on the 3rd with my husband and 14 yr old son and am
        not sure about the other events yet (I need to check finances a
        little further with my husband). Can you remind me about what I
        need to do to confirm a spot for me, my husband and son?

        > I was raised by some tight asses and carry on the heritage. We
        will not be staying at Hotel Penn for we have made reservations 10
        minutes away in Newark. If there are any other tight asses that
        want to find out where I am staying for half the price of Hotel
        Penn, send a personal email to me and I will give you the details.
        However, I can not confirm if there are bed bugs and/or roaches in
        this motel.

> [...]
        everyone
        > is free to stay at another hotel if they chose. However, I am
        > confident, you will not find a better value. In fact, the guest
        > rooms the Hotel Penn has reserved for our event are "superior"
        rooms
        > and a bit larger than the standard rooms. The events (with the
        > exception of the cruise) will be held at the Hotel Penn as
        planned.
        > The hotel is now ready for your reservations so call at your
        > convenience to make reservations. Do let them know you are with
        the
        > Governors island Brats to get the "superior" rooms at the standard
        > rate. Please do not let a couple of women ruin our fun!!!
        >
        > Sincerely, Dawn (Fenner) Dreizler 72-79

        > Military reunion Military Military rings Military
        computer Military jewelry Military cases

      • Judy (Wetmore) Logan
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 1, 2006
          Hi Dawn--I feel like I'm caught in a little whirlpool far behind the
          motorboat of conversation--life has ratcheted (is that a word, word
          police?) up lately, with school nearing the end. Anyway, I DID read
          your terrific bedbug piece. Cannot believe all the trouble you go to
          to make this a great event, thanks so much. And now I have to send
          you a check, that's next. I had a dream last night, don't ask me why,
          that I was talking to your mother (who looked younger than both us,
          by the way, and in your case that's saying alot, not in mine....)--
          she looked nothing at all like your mother as I remember her, though.
          Isn't that the oddest thing? And I was talking to Dave on the phone
          for some reason. Hi, Dave. Anyway, have a great day! Judy

          --- In governorsislandbrats2@yahoogroups.com, dreamer7772000
          <no_reply@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > everyone
          > > is free to stay at another hotel if they chose. However, I am
          > > confident, you will not find a better value. In fact, the guest
          > > rooms the Hotel Penn has reserved for our event are "superior"
          > rooms
          > > and a bit larger than the standard rooms. The events (with the
          > > exception of the cruise) will be held at the Hotel Penn as
          > planned.
          > > The hotel is now ready for your reservations so call at your
          > > convenience to make reservations. Do let them know you are with
          > the
          > > Governors island Brats to get the "superior" rooms at the
          standard
          > > rate. Please do not let a couple of women ruin our fun!!!
          > >
          > > Sincerely, Dawn (Fenner) Dreizler 72-79

          > > Military reunion Military Military rings Military
          > computer Military jewelry Military cases

        • dreamer7772000
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 1, 2006
            Hi Judy, Yes that is a strange dream. Funny how the mind works. I
            imagine we will all start having strange dreams the closer the
            reunion gets. Although, I have dreams almost nightly and some of
            which are already beyond strange. ;o) I take it that if you are
            planning on sending money then you are planning on attending the
            reunion. I don't have you down yet. how many will be with you? Still
            sdon't have word from lots of others that have said they will be
            coming. I remember some could not make it and you were figuring
            things out first, but we need to start telling me so i don't have to
            be so nervous. The count is only up to 100 and I know there are so
            many others out there! Take care, Dawn
            --- In governorsislandbrats2@yahoogroups.com, "Judy (Wetmore) Logan"
            <jwlsearch@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > > > confident, you will not find a better value. In fact, the
            guest
            > > > rooms the Hotel Penn has reserved for our event are "superior"
            > > rooms
            > > > and a bit larger than the standard rooms. The events (with the
            > > > exception of the cruise) will be held at the Hotel Penn as
            > > planned.
            > > > The hotel is now ready for your reservations so call at your
            > > > convenience to make reservations. Do let them know you are
            with
            > > the
            > > > Governors island Brats to get the "superior" rooms at the
            > standard
            > > > rate. Please do not let a couple of women ruin our fun!!!
            > > >
            > > > Sincerely, Dawn (Fenner) Dreizler 72-79

            > > > Military reunion Military Military rings
            Military
            > > computer Military jewelry Military cases

          • Jackie Frye
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 1, 2006
              Thanks, Dawn. I really appreciate the advice and thanks to Susan F. also.

              dreamer7772000 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Hi Jackie, I remember now that you read this too. My sister lives in