Re: [Governors Island Brats] Getting Closer!

  • DFabio7450@aol.com
    Message 1 of 139 , May 1, 2006
      Oh yes, Helen said Maureen is coming. I'm having Dad put out feelers for
      the Robels.

    • kimthegibrat
      Message 139 of 139 , May 30, 2006
        Kay,
        I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your father. My father
        passed away on New Years Day 2006 so I know what you are going thru.
        My thoughts are with you and your family.

        Kim Johnson

        --- In governorsislandbrats2@yahoogroups.com, kay stevens
        <kaysstevens@...> wrote:

        > Hey all,
        >
        > I'm back from California -- can't believe there is no resolution
        to the Pyramid Act! So we are all in just not sure of the logistics -
        - glad to see that Tom is back among us...

        > Trisha's graduation was fantastic! Dave Brubeck (UOP graduate)
        and Clint Eastwood were both there to receive honorary degrees at the
        main graduation. Then we moved on to the individual schools --
        Trish's being International Studies where she did her 10 minute song
        medley. She had a friend on piano and another friend singing part of
        what she wrote (changed the words to existing songs). She was
        fantastic!!!! They were, too. They got a standing ovation and
        someone even took out a lighter and was doing the "concert sway"
        thing.

        > My mom, oldest daughter (Dawn), Trish, and I went on to Monterey
        to find Trish a place to live for her summer internship with the
        Naval Post Graduate School. In August she starts graduate school at
        the Monterey Institute of International Studies. Then we drove up to
        San Francisco for a couple of days before flying home.

        > The only thing that marred the trip was my dad not being there.
        He passed away on April 26, 2006. He was diagnosed with liver cancer
        in August and went downhill very fast. We were told he had 3 to 6
        months to live. He got better in late October and we had a good
        Thanksgiving and Christmas. In February he started going downhill
        again. He was uncomfortable but never in any real pain. He had
        company the day before he died and was telling "sea stories" with his
        buddies. The next day he was coughing up blood and told my mom he
        was ready to check out. She called me (I'm an hour and a half away)
        but he was gone before I got there -- he lived for about 20 minutes
        after he told her he was ready to go. So as hard as it is -- he went
        the way he wanted to, at home in his bed with "his bride" at his
        side.

        > I am on my computer at work -- taking a break from my in basket.
        I'm off the rest of the week and will check back in next week --
        maybe by then the final decisions on the Pyramid Act will be
        complete...

        > Kay

        > Military reunion Military Military rings Military
        computer Military jewelry Military cases

        Service.