Re: [Governors Island Brats] Re: reunion of sorts?

  • Debbie Hart
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 15, 2004
      Hi Jan,

      I know Gary, Tom, Doug, and Steve! Did you live on the Island then too? I lived in Qtrs 866!

      Deb
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 20, 2004
        A reunion on GI sounds wonderful. I live on the west
        coast but I would be willing to make it out for that
        reunion. Please keep me posted.

        Jenny Humphres
        84-89

        --- dreamer7772000 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        ---------------------------------
        Hello there, This years reunion was held in Virginia,
        but we did not
        have many attendees to this one. We've been having
        them yearly for
        almost 10 years now and they are starting to lose the
        thrill everyone
        had in the beginning. We are now looking into having
        the reunions a
        few years apart as so many of us have limited vacation
        time and other
        responsibilities that seem to be getting in the way.
        We have had a
        new member, Michael Bujarski speak recently about the
        possibility of
        having our next reunion on the island. The next
        reunion will most
        likely be in August of 2006 (everyone mark your
        calendars now) and
        hopefully by then there may even be accomodations set
        up on the
        island for overnight stays. Most of our reunions have
        lasted more
        than one day so there is the need for accomodations
        for all who come.
        Please let us know your real name. I know some people
        may know you,
        but some of us were much older than you during the
        time you were
        there. Perhaps one or two of us might have even
        babysat you during
        your early time on the island. Take care and I hope
        you are able to
        find a few friends here. Dawn (Fenner) Dreizler
        1971-1979

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

        Terms of Service.
      • Jan Byrne
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 22, 2004
          Hi Mary, No, we're not in the grade range. Maybe you went to school with some of Carol's younger brothers or sisters, or some of the others younger siblings ,or maybe we babysat for you, even though age 10 isn't quite a baby any longer. There's about an eight year age difference. Your name did sound familiar though. Oh well, it was good to talk to you and reminisce anyway! Jan

        • Jan Byrne
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 22, 2004
            Hi Debbie, I was a part timer on the island, !969-1971 I went to school with you, at Curtis. We most likely took the same ferry together. Do you remember a skinny , long blonde haired girl? If so, that was me. I hung around with Carol (she was a grade behind us). We worked together at Curtis in the office. We used to party with Gary and the gang alot. You know the routine, drink and run and hide from the MPs, SPs, whomever they were. I'm sorry , you'll have to forgive me, I was at Fort Hamilton and Fort Wadsworth (Army stuff) alot also. I remember sitting on the bench outside the apartment building with the group and we were all drinking. Along came the police and we all ran, jumping over the bench and through the bushes. Ah, what fun! The good old days. So many other memories.
            Oh, by the way, there is going to be a 35th reunion for 1970 Class of Curtis High School. Maybe you'll join us there, even though you didn'y actually graduate from Curtis. I know that you are on classmates.com for Curtis 1970. Sharon and I are planning it for April 16, 2005. We're hoping to get as many people from the past as we can. I know that some live really far away, but we're trying our best.
            Well take care, Jan

          • Debbie Hart
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 25, 2004
              Hi Jan...I'm trying to place you...do you remember me? I left the summer of '69 so maybe we were on the same ferry my last year there. I'm confused about your "part timer" though...you were friends with Gary Stephenson? What was your name then - Byrne? I'm trying to remember, but this old brain is just getting too old! I remember dances at Hamilton and Wadsworth, but that's about all...help fill in the blanks for me please!
[...]

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • Jan Byrne
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 26, 2004
                Hey Deb, I was friends with Gary Stephenson. No, my last name wasn't Byrne, it was Metz. You were Debbie Lawrence at that time. I vaguely remember you. I remember the name, but not quite putting a face to it. Were you the girl with the shoulder length hair? Possibly light brown, or dirty blonde color? I tried to find my 1969 Curtis yearbook, but couldn't. I wanted to look you up in it, in some of the group photos. Were you in any clubs or specials in school? I am remembering a girl, like the one I mentioned, that used to sit on the ferry with Tom Whiting and somebody, ??, maybe Jim Fleischell or Gary.Or maybe it was Doug. I used to go to various parties(Christmas, Easter, etc.), picnics and swimming at the pool at Fort Hamilton and/or Fort Wadsworth. I stayed between there (Gi) and SI, hence, the part time. If I ever find some pictures of everyone hanging out, I'll post them. Then, maybe you'll recognize me and Carol. I know that you'll recognize the others. Well, I hope this
                helped. Jan