Can't go to the reunion

  • dreamer7772000
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2004
      Hi All,

      I just wanted everyone to know that I am not going to be at the
      reunion this year. I now have obligations and cannot make it to the
      July 4th weekend reunion. There are only about 5 people that have
      even said they can make it this year. You are welcome to continue
      with the reunion scheduled on July 4th weekend(small as it may end up
      being), but I will not be able to make it. I am a little disappointed
      at the number of people that even acknowledged the fact that I sent
      out an invitation e-mail to the entire group for this July function
      months ago and have only had 5 replies out of the over one hundred
      that were sent out. It may be a good time to start having the
      reunions a few years apart as there seems to be fewer and fewer of us
      that can go every year. I know there are a couple of you that will be
      upset about this, but there is nothing I can do to change my new
      plans. We could have it on a different weekend if you like. But, I do
      not think I will take the time to send out invitations. I can't take
      all the rejection! People will just have to keep in touch through the
      website if they want to join in the fun at the reunions. Take care!
    • planet_mon
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2004
        Hi Dawn,

        I never got your email, and I suspect not many did, because some
        email systems consider Yahoo! messages "spam" and delete them or
        route them to a "spam folder." Anyway, I can't go this year ...
        used up all my vacation time on a European jaunt! (My travelogue is
        under construction at http://www.lennymaughan.com/europe2004/ --
        check it out!)

        You may recall the 2002 GI Brats Reunion in California was poorly
        attended as well (
        http://www.lennymaughan.com/gibrats/reunion2002/ ) so perhaps doing
        this every few years is better? Like high schools and colleges,
        that have 5, 10, 15, 20 year reunions?

        Take care, fellow Brats, see you soon, and let me know if any of you
        plan to visit the wonderful Bay Area!

        Lenny Maughan
        email: mon AT aol.com
        Formerly Foghorn Alley-Gov Is., now Nob Hill, San Francisco!

        --- In governorsislandbrats2@yahoogroups.com, dreamer7772000

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2, 2004
          Hi Lenny, Thanks for replying. You may be right and most people
          didn't get the e-mail. I have gotten a few replies, but not too many
          and some of those were the planners and knew about the reunion
          already. So it could well be an e-mail problem. I think every few
          years would be better as alot of us just get 1 to 2 weeks of vacation
          a year and with parents breathing down your neck trying to get you to
          visit two different states makes it almost impossible to have your
          own vacation elswhere. I don't want everyone to lose touch though so
          we have to keep having them. It's just too easy to think "I'll go to
          next years reunion". If they weren't but every 3 to 5 years then we'd
          all make a better point to be there. Let's face it, they are much
          more fun with a bigger group. Take care all and lets see what we can
          all come up with. Where are ya Kim? Any suggestions from our
          moderator? Love ya all! Dawn