HOT! - Problem with BOOKMARKING Lenny's site!

  • dependableconsultant
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1 7:57 AM
      Just noticed something that might be affecting
      some PC's! If you don't want to have to think
      about the explanation, just go to your Yahoo profile,
      click on the link for editing the profile, and
      copy/paste the following URL in the LINKS field
      at the bottom, then save/finish. You are now
      good to go! Do NOT use a bookmark for the
      "disscussion page". Just bookmark Lenny's MAIN
      page! (GB)

      http://www.lennymaughan.com/gibrats/

      [LONGER DISCUSSION OF PROBLEM BELOW!]

      If you have "Bookmarked" Lenny's GIBrats discussion
      page (or made it a "Favorite"), depending on how you
      configure your system, when you go to the bookmark/favorite
      URL, you may be seeing the OLD image..... way back when
      you first bookmarked it!!!

      So instead of bookmarking the DISCUSSION page,
      it is best to bookmark Lenny's MAINPAGE!!!!

      See below:

      http://www.lennymaughan.com/gibrats/

      And then from the main page, click on the DISCUSSION
      link..... and that should give you the BRANDNEW
      posts that you may have been missing.

      In fact, this may be part of the reason why there
      has been a drop-off in posts on Lenny's list. He
      has pointed out that you need to refresh the page
      to see your own posts. But what I hadn't realized is
      that clicking on an OLD bookmark can *ALSO* give you
      an old list of posts.

      If you add this URL:

      http://www.lennymaughan.com/gibrats/

      to your Yahoo profile (at the bottom), then
      you will always have Lenny's MAIN PAGE to go
      to... to get a FRESH view of the discussion list.

      George
    • arioch_gsfc
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2002
        Sorry I couldn't make it to another reunion. I truly miss the people
        and time spent at GI. I learned alot about life, love and pursuit of
        happiness.

        I'm glad to see that the hopes and dreams of us GI brats are still
        alive!

        Steve
        Qtrs135B
        81-85