What happened to the monuments on Gov Island?

  • John
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2013
      Happy 2013 all,

      I was wondering if anyone knew what ever happened to the "monuments" that were placed around the island. I'm referring to the boulders with inscriptions on brass plates bolted to their face. The ones in the historic area are probably still there, but I vaguely remember there were some on the southern part. I think there was one in front of the Capeharts.

      John
    • Yvonne Miley
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2013
        That's a good question John.  I believe there was one at the end of doggie island across from the foghorn  down on Foghorn alley.  I don't recall seeing it but then again, I wasn't looking for it either but since our reunions have been held in that area the past few years, I would have noticed it.  Do you  know if they knocked down the capeharts and/or 877?  It was supposed to be done in late Fall.

        I was wondering if anyone knew what ever happened to the "monuments" that were placed around the island. I'm referring to the boulders with inscriptions on brass plates bolted to their face. The ones in the historic area are probably still there, but I vaguely remember there were some on the southern part. I think there was one in front of the Capeharts.

        John

      • Kathy Eby
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2013
          As far as I know all the boulder monuments are still in place. I saw several of them

          Sent from my iPhone