Fw: Sears needs your business! PLEASE read

  • Leah Moon Becton
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 10, 2012
      Good Morning BRATS!!!  ;)

      Thought this was pretty awesome, and since it's the shopping time of year wanted to repay Sears for their support of our military.  When we were little, my brother and I ALWAYS wore Sears clothes.....

      :)

      Hope y'all have a GREAT week!!!

      Leah

      Sears needs your business!      PLEASE read
      I I DID CHECK THE SNOPES AT BOTTOM HOPE YOU DO ALSO.

      PLEASE READ VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Sears - a decent corporation.........just for once pass Walmart by and give your business to Sears.....
      Sears - Christmas shopping this year.

      I know I needed this reminder, since Sears isn't always my first choice. It's amazing when you think of how long
      the war has lasted and Sears hasn't withdrawn from their commitment. Could we each buy at least one thing at Sears this year?

      What commitment you say?

      How does Sears treat its employees who are serving in our military? By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being on active duty.

      Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all employees who are serving.

      I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution. I suggest we all shop at Sears at least once this year. Be sure to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement & feedback it well deserves.

      Pass it on.

      I decided to check this before I sent it forward. So I sent the following e-mail to the Sears Customer Service Department:

      I received this e-mail and I would like to know if it is true. If it is, the Internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for your company. I know I would go out of my way to buy products from Sears instead of another store for a like item, even if it's cheaper at that store.

      This is their answer to my e-mail:

      Dear Customer:
      Thank you for contacting Sears. The information is factual. We appreciate your positive feedback. Sears regards service to our country as one of the greatest sacrifices our men and women can make. This is the "least" we can do for them.

      We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden they bear at this time.

      Bill Thorn
      Sears Customer Care

      Please pass this on .
      Sears needs to be recognized for this outstanding contribution and we need to show them as Americans, we do appreciate what they are doing for our Military!!!

      It's verified! By: http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/sears.asp

    • Lisa
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 10, 2012
        Thanks for the information Leah. I absolutely love Sears. I go to my local sears store frequently & I am always shopping online at Sears. It is very good to see a company that puts people (especially our military) before profits.
        Lisa