Was anybody on the Island in December 1988..

  • Robert Markuske
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2011
      Hello all,

      I am a National Park Service Ranger  at Governors Island National Monument and a Graduate student at Brooklyn College, I am looking for people to assist me in a oral history project for both the National Park Service and a Brooklyn College.  The final product deadline will be  finished on December 27th, 2011.  I am looking for individual coastguard members and or family members that were on the Island for the Reagan, Bush and Gorbachev meeting December 1988.  I am formulating the questions and developing what I need to do relating to ethics and privacy, so the response to this email will be informal and preliminary.  This project is voluntarily on your part, but It will help preserve the history of the island and reveal diplomatic symbolism about Reagan.  Please respond to this email  stating whether or not you want to participate.  Along with your contact info, and status or role on the island during the meeting.  Nothing will be published without consent.  Also, the project can be down in person, via phone, via email and or yahoo group chat.  However, I've got to abide by some legal rules for ethics and privacy, (all to safeguard you of course).  Have Great Day!

      Robert Markuske