Good News!

  • Lisa
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2010
      I received some very good news today. My dad (Charles O. Henderson)has been awarded 100% service related disability from the Veterans Administration. They have ruled that his diabetes, his congestive heart failure, and his Parkinsons are directly related to the Agent Orange he was exposed to in VietNam. (My dad was on the river assualt boats and thus was involved in alot of jungle fighting).Dad says according to the letter he received today he will get a hefty check for back pay and his monthly payments will be double what his Coast Guard retirement pay is currently. So dad & mom's income has doubled. ( The sad part is my dad is in such poor health & has been for the last 15 years, he is now homebound. My dad will be only 68 yrs in April.) However it is good to see that our veterans are being provided for.
      Lisa Henderson-Pederson-Gaddy
    • Jackie Frye
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2010
        Not sure that congratulations are in order, under the circumstances, but at least the government is fessing up to the damage that Agent Orange did.
        jackie f

        I received some very good news today. My dad (Charles O. Henderson)has been awarded 100% service related disability from the Veterans Administration. They have ruled that his diabetes, his congestive heart failure, and his Parkinsons are directly related to the Agent Orange he was exposed to in VietNam. (My dad was on the river assualt boats and thus was involved in alot of jungle fighting).Dad says according to the letter he received today he will get a hefty check for back pay and his monthly payments will be double what his Coast Guard retirement pay is currently. So dad & mom's income has doubled. ( The sad part is my dad is in such poor health & has been for the last 15 years, he is now homebound. My dad will be only 68 yrs in April.) However it is good to see that our veterans are being provided for.
        Lisa Henderson-Pederson- Gaddy

      • Doreen Clark
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 3, 2010
          Thats super, glad to hear that our veterans aren't being completely forgotten.
          Doreen  Dabrowski Clark

          I received some very good news today. My dad (Charles O. Henderson)has been awarded 100% service related disability from the Veterans Administration. They have ruled that his diabetes, his congestive heart failure, and his Parkinsons are directly related to the Agent Orange he was exposed to in VietNam. (My dad was on the river assualt boats and thus was involved in alot of jungle fighting).Dad says according to the letter he received today he will get a hefty check for back pay and his monthly payments will be double what his Coast Guard retirement pay is currently. So dad & mom's income has doubled. ( The sad part is my dad is in such poor health & has been for the last 15 years, he is now homebound. My dad will be only 68 yrs in April.) However it is good to see that our veterans are being provided for.
          Lisa Henderson-Pederson- Gaddy

        • SHEILA COXE
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 4, 2010
            My Dad received the same award last September for the same reasons,  he and my uncle were in Market time and river patrols for two years in 67 and 68. Unfortunately I had to file four years worth of ammended tax returns to get the money (that was in November) and he is still waiting. By the way he went through five years of hearings and appeals just to get the award.

            Sheila J Coxe
            scoxe@...