Re: GARY STEPHENSON

  • Jo Ann Burkett
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 1, 2008
      I distinctly remember taking a drive in that car.
      I happenned to be at the right place, at the right time.
      I was friends with Joni Whiting, and I must have been
      at her house, and we must have begged for a ride,
      as we were younger, and probably thought of as brats (different kinds)
      Anway, it was fun, I remember going down the hill by
      PS 26. It was fun. Now, I drive in a convertible anytime I want!!

      Jo Ann

      --- In governorsislandbrats2@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Mercier"
      <mfmercier@...> wrote:

      > I'm going with the herbal theory. I remember a burgundy red ragtop.
      >
      > ... I had to ask Gary about his car for cruising and picking up
      > chicks. Gary laughed when I reminded him of how kind he was to offer
      > us "less fortunates" a ride home on an otherwise slow day of cruising
      > for babes. Gary said he drove a BABY BLUE 1965 Mercury Parklane
      > convertible. BABY BLUE? I thought it was RED all these years! ...

    • Nancy Leilani
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 1, 2008
        and I think he and the Longs son came and found me in Brighton Beach after a two week run away with Veronica Kringle...yup it was him and that car...

        Came swooping around a corner and Veronica and I were sitting on the steps of a church. When we saw him we about peed our pants...first how in the flip did he find us...and then he booms out...GET IN!!!! and that was that...the ride home was scary and a blast all at the same time.

        sheesh

        <mfmercier@. ..> wrote:

        > I'm going with the herbal theory. I remember a burgundy red ragtop.
        >
        > ... I had to ask Gary about his car for cruising and picking up
        > chicks. Gary laughed when I reminded him of how kind he was to offer
        > us "less fortunates" a ride home on an otherwise slow day of cruising
        > for babes. Gary said he drove a BABY BLUE 1965 Mercury Parklane
        > convertible. BABY BLUE? I thought it was RED all these years! ...

      • Kathy Eby
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 1, 2008
          Jo Ann and Nancy:

          RED convertible, right?  Thanks for the post on Chief Kleckner.

          Kathy

          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 1, 2008
            Hey, I knew Veronica Kringle.

            --- In governorsislandbrats2@yahoogroups.com, Nancy Leilani
            <apuakea1130@...> wrote:

            > and I think he and the Longs son came and found me in Brighton
            Beach after a two week run away with Veronica Kringle...yup it was
            him and that car...

            > Came swooping around a corner and Veronica and I were sitting on
            the steps of a church. When we saw him we about peed our
            pants...first how in the flip did he find us...and then he booms
            out...GET IN!!!! and that was that...the ride home was scary and a
            blast all at the same time.

            > sheesh
            >
            > Jo Ann Burkett <joannburkett@...> wrote:
            >
            > I distinctly remember taking a drive in that car.
            > I happenned to be at the right place, at the right time.
            > I was friends with Joni Whiting, and I must have been
            > at her house, and we must have begged for a ride,
            > as we were younger, and probably thought of as brats (different
            kinds)
            > Anway, it was fun, I remember going down the hill by
            > PS 26. It was fun. Now, I drive in a convertible anytime I want!!
            >
            > Jo Ann
            >
            > --- In governorsislandbrats2@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Mercier"
            > <mfmercier@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I'm going with the herbal theory. I remember a burgundy red
            ragtop.

            > > ... I had to ask Gary about his car for cruising and picking up
            > > chicks. Gary laughed when I reminded him of how kind he was to
            offer
            > > us "less fortunates" a ride home on an otherwise slow day of
            cruising
            > > for babes. Gary said he drove a BABY BLUE 1965 Mercury Parklane
            > > convertible. BABY BLUE? I thought it was RED all these years! ...
            > >

            > ---------------------------------
            Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

          • Jo Ann Burkett
            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 1, 2008
              Nancy, what were the Long's first names???
              Jb

              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 1, 2008
                Just thought of the first name, I knew Candy Long. Lived next to the
                Hendersons, right???

                Jo Ann

                --- In governorsislandbrats2@yahoogroups.com, "Jo Ann Burkett"

                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 1, 2008
                  Yup,
                  Red.

                  --- In governorsislandbrats2@yahoogroups.com, Kathy Eby <keby219@...>

                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 2, 2008
                    I always saw Blue when I thought of it...But I could be wrong

                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 2, 2008
                      Robert, Vicky maybe but my mom says she thoguth there was s et of twins...and here's a story

                      Pearl and one of the Long girls..(pearls age) went to the movies together...and fell asleep....it was my mom who had to go all the way over there and found them sound asleep curled up in the front row....

                      Message 10 of 15 , Apr 2, 2008
                        yes...my mom and Pat were close friends...they actually took Robert up to college when he went...she thinks it was Wharton School of Finance in Philly...they left Governor's Island and moved to Point Pleasant Michigan...dad was Bernie

                        Message 11 of 15 , Apr 2, 2008
                          That story made me smile,
                          cause that's how it was.
                          We looked out for one another,