[Governors Island Brats] Re: chronic tinnitus

  • dehaan1
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 16, 2007
      I have a low buzz all the time in my ears. I notice it more if I
      bite down. It is not too bad and I only notice it in quiet rooms and
      at night. I just use a room fan to add some noise. The buzz becomes
      very noticable and annoying a day after I take aspirin or ibuprofin.
      I wonder how many tinnitus cases might go away or lessen if they
      would stop all medications for a month or more. I guess the problem
      is if they quit their meds for a month...they may go away. Catch-22
      I guess.

      For those who take aspirin (or any over-the-counter meds) for home
      remedies, have tinnitus, and no prescribed medical reason to take the
      drugs, it might be worth it to stop using the products and see if the
      tinnitus symptoms lessen over time.

      I firmly believe my father and grandmother's hearing loss is directly
      attributed to their use of pain medications especially aspirin and
      motrin for arthritis. No one else in the family has had their degree
      of hearing loss. No one else in the family has used over-the-counter
      pain meds the way they have either. It's a small sample but I see
      the correlation and I now use all medications with moderation.

      --- In governorsislandbrats2@yahoogroups.com, Jackie Frye