Re: [Governors Island Brats] Re: chronic tinnitus

  • Jackie Frye
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 16 3:55 AM
      not really. But I am talking about chronic, non-stop, always ringing in my ears
      jackie f

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 16 9:17 AM
        I have a low buzz all the time in my ears. I notice it more if I
        bite down. It is not too bad and I only notice it in quiet rooms and
        at night. I just use a room fan to add some noise. The buzz becomes
        very noticable and annoying a day after I take aspirin or ibuprofin.
        I wonder how many tinnitus cases might go away or lessen if they
        would stop all medications for a month or more. I guess the problem
        is if they quit their meds for a month...they may go away. Catch-22
        I guess.

        For those who take aspirin (or any over-the-counter meds) for home
        remedies, have tinnitus, and no prescribed medical reason to take the
        drugs, it might be worth it to stop using the products and see if the
        tinnitus symptoms lessen over time.

        I firmly believe my father and grandmother's hearing loss is directly
        attributed to their use of pain medications especially aspirin and
        motrin for arthritis. No one else in the family has had their degree
        of hearing loss. No one else in the family has used over-the-counter
        pain meds the way they have either. It's a small sample but I see
        the correlation and I now use all medications with moderation.