Re: [gothic-l] Greek Text available to Wulfilius

  • Le Bateman
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 3, 2007
      Is there possibly a translation of Josephus in Gothic? Wonder how they
      would have translated Book XIX of the Wars of the Jews?
      Le
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 4, 2007
        The traditional interpretation is that Wulfila used an early
        Byzantine text, and later copyists borrowed elements from late
        Western texts (and switched the order of the gospels). I'm not
        convinced.

        The earliest still-complete texts date to the 4th century, and there
        were already substantial differences.

        Mike
      • Le Bateman
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 4, 2007
          Thanks Mike
          Were the Goths familiar with the works of Josephus and other writers
          of the 1st Century?
          Le