Re: Toledo

  • Ingemar Nordgren
    Message 1 of 53 , Jul 2, 2007
      Dear Oscar!

      Evidently we all have been victims for a great complot. We have been
      told there were Goths once upon a time but this evidently is only
      fantasies. Also the assumption that the Goths should have two sets of
      laws and administration - one for the Goths and one for the Romans,
      where Latin was needed of course,is evidently only bad rumours. The
      Goths never did exist and we also do not exist but we just beleive we
      do. I am not even convinced there is a great master Dirk - it is maybe
      just a brain ghost in our heads. Anyhow - Gothic is now called a dead
      language but how long did it survive-if it ever existed?

      Hot greetings from a confused Ingemar
    • Michael Erwin
      Message 53 of 53 , Jul 22, 2007
        Hails,

        I'm afraid your email formatting is screwed up and I can't reply
        below. The map shows dense concentrations of Germanic place-names in
        the far northwest, i.e. the Swabisk area, a local concentration in
        northern Catalonia, and few elsewhere. I think this shows that they
        are better at identifying West-Germanic place-names than East-
        Germanic ones, and nothing else.

        Mike