Re: manna(n)

  • ualarauans
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 15, 2007
      Hails Denis,

      Thanks a lot for your reply. I'd appreciate to know also if there
      are cases where the necessary mark is absent, due to a scribal error
      or something? I mean cases like writing manna for mannan without an
      overstroke over the last -a.

      Thank you very much

      Ualarauans

      --- In gothic-l@yahoogroups.com, "Paperno D." <denis.paperno@...>
      wrote:

      > Hails Walarawans,
      >
      > One thing is clear that mannan is always written in full in Silver
      Codex; I
      > can't check other monuments now. I see however no reason why it
      shouldn't be
      > written with an overstroke. Looks rather like a coincidence.
      >
      > Denis
      >

      > _____

      On Behalf