Commissioning New List

  • Justïn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2007
      I'm not sure, did we finish the last list (Archeological
      Termninology)? If so, might I commission a household objects list?
      Many of the words might already be extant, such as oven, bed, etc. but
      we might as well flesh out a full list so we can publish them for
      easy, public access. Maybe we can asterix Wulfila words and leave
      neologisms un-asterixed? Either way. Here are some (70 words) off
      the top of my head-please help me by adding household words not
      commissioned if you are able to think of any. I think I used mostly
      American terms, or so I tried.

      Air Conditioning/Air Conditioner
      Apartment/Flat
      Armoire
      Bathroom/Washroom/Restroom (?)
      Bathtub
      Bed
      Bedroom
      Bidet (Washroom sanitary device, look it up)
      Birdbath
      Blanket
      Cabinet
      Carpet
      Ceiling
      Chair
      Closet
      Comb
      Computer
      Cubbard
      Cutlery/Silverware
      Dental Floss
      Desk
      Dishwasher
      Door
      Doorknob
      Dresser
      Fan
      Faucet
      Fence
      Fireplace
      Floor
      Hairbrush
      Hairconditioner
      Hairdryer
      Heater
      Internet
      Jacuzzi
      Lawn
      Linoleum (Good luck with that one.)
      Livingroom
      Loveseat (Sofa of two sitting places?)
      Nightstand (Bedside table)
      Paint
      Picture
      Pictureframe
      Pillow
      Pool
      Radiator
      Radio
      Recliner
      Remote Control
      Roof
      Room
      Rommate
      Rug
      Sofa/Couch/Davenport
      Shampoo
      Shower
      Sink
      Soap
      Table
      Tablecloth
      Television/T.V.
      Tile
      Toilet/Bog
      Toothbrush
      Toothpaste
      Vacuum Cleaner/Hoover
      Wall
      Wardrobe
      Window

      The list could go on for ages...I actually rather feel we should
      divide it up into sections and go into depth with different
      categories. For example, computer parts could be divided into
      printer, keyboard, monitor... Television into satelite, cable, T. V.
      station/channel, series, episode, sitcom, cartoon, etc. I've fleshed
      out most furniture, rooms, etc. The fun part will be making stickers
      to put all over my flat to help me remember my vocab. For those of
      you with roommates, I don't recommend this.