Re: Toledo

  • Abdoer-Ragmaan Lombard
    Message 1 of 53 , May 30, 2007
      Wouldn't the Latin diminutive of Tôlêtum be "Tôlêtulum"? The suffix -
      "ila"-/-"ula" is Gothic (cf. "magula" 'little boy'). Unless you change
      the gender of Latin Tôlêtum into "Tôlêta" (> dim.: Tôlêtula).

      Manie

      > I wonder if there's any evidence of such a diminutive form being
      used in Latin.
    • Michael Erwin
      Message 53 of 53 , Jul 22, 2007
        Hails,

        I'm afraid your email formatting is screwed up and I can't reply
        below. The map shows dense concentrations of Germanic place-names in
        the far northwest, i.e. the Swabisk area, a local concentration in
        northern Catalonia, and few elsewhere. I think this shows that they
        are better at identifying West-Germanic place-names than East-
        Germanic ones, and nothing else.

        Mike