Re: [gothic-l] Re: short Gothic translation

  • Pouemes Yahoo
    Message 1 of 5 , May 21 4:26 PM
      thanks llama

      Is there a more specific keyboard for gothic or just like this?

      Frisahts þeina in skuggwin
      Saggws meins sa batista ist.
      Iþ sniw! Usleiþiþ auk.
      Þata ist mein spedist "þuk frijo".

      In my mind gothic letters where very specific..
      waiting for your answer
      still thanks
      jyves

      --- In gothic-l@yahoogroups.com, "Pouemes Yahoo" <pouemes@...> wrote:

      > Hello from france,
      >
      > I come on your group because i would found someone to translate 4
      > shorts sentences in gothic language
      >
      > i prefer you discover yourself my short text already translated in
      100 languages some by scientifics
      > here : http://pouemes.free.fr/poesie/poem-translations.htm
      >
      > i hope someone could help me
      > thanks
      > * french is the original

      Hello,

      Here's one possible way to translate it:

      Ton image dans la glace
      Frisahts þeina in skuggwin

      C'est mon plus beau poème
      saggws meins sa batista ist.

      Mais fais vite il s'efface
      Iþ sniw! Usleiþiþ auk.

      C'est mon dernier je t'aime !

      Message 2 of 5 , May 22 3:16 AM
        hello llama,

        Your translation is online

        http://pouemes.free.fr/poesie/poem-translations.htm

        i suppressed . ! " and used this font http://www.simplythebest.net/fonts/fonts/gothic_1.html

        tell me if all is ok and give me your firstname if you want i put it under your translation..

        thanks

        jy

        Message 3 of 5 , May 22 9:04 AM
          Hi, that looks good. I have one correction to make to my translation:
          I should have written "sniu", instead of "sniw". The Gothic scribes
          placed a dieresis/trema over "i" when it stands at the beginning of a
          syllable, like this: [ http://www.oe.eclipse.co.uk/nom/frisahts.htm ].

          My first name is Peter.