Re: short Gothic translation

    Message 1 of 5 , May 21, 2007
      --- In gothic-l@yahoogroups.com, "Pouemes Yahoo" <pouemes@...> wrote:

      > Hello from france,
      >
      > I come on your group because i would found someone to translate 4
      > shorts sentences in gothic language
      >
      > i prefer you discover yourself my short text already translated in
      100 languages some by scientifics
      > here : http://pouemes.free.fr/poesie/poem-translations.htm
      >
      > i hope someone could help me
      > thanks
      > * french is the original

      Hello,

      Here's one possible way to translate it:

      Ton image dans la glace
      Frisahts þeina in skuggwin

      C'est mon plus beau poème
      saggws meins sa batista ist.

      Mais fais vite il s'efface
      Iþ sniw! Usleiþiþ auk.

      C'est mon dernier je t'aime !
      Þata ist mein spedist "þuk frijo".
    • Pouemes Yahoo
      Message 2 of 5 , May 21, 2007
        thanks llama

        Is there a more specific keyboard for gothic or just like this?

        Frisahts þeina in skuggwin
        Saggws meins sa batista ist.
        Iþ sniw! Usleiþiþ auk.
        Þata ist mein spedist "þuk frijo".

        In my mind gothic letters where very specific..
        waiting for your answer
        still thanks
        jyves

        Message 3 of 5 , May 22, 2007
          hello llama,

          Your translation is online

          http://pouemes.free.fr/poesie/poem-translations.htm

          i suppressed . ! " and used this font http://www.simplythebest.net/fonts/fonts/gothic_1.html

          tell me if all is ok and give me your firstname if you want i put it under your translation..

          thanks

          jy

          Message 4 of 5 , May 22, 2007
            Hi, that looks good. I have one correction to make to my translation:
            I should have written "sniu", instead of "sniw". The Gothic scribes
            placed a dieresis/trema over "i" when it stands at the beginning of a
            syllable, like this: [ http://www.oe.eclipse.co.uk/nom/frisahts.htm ].

            My first name is Peter.