short Gothic translation

  • Pouemes Yahoo
    Message 1 of 5 , May 21, 2007
      Hello from france,

      I come on your group because i would found someone to translate 4
      shorts sentences in gothic language

      i prefer you discover yourself my short text already translated in 100 languages some by scientifics
      here : http://pouemes.free.fr/poesie/poem-translations.htm

      i hope someone could help me
      thanks
      * french is the original

      Message 2 of 5 , May 21, 2007
        --- In gothic-l@yahoogroups.com, "Pouemes Yahoo" <pouemes@...> wrote:

        > Hello from france,
        >
        > I come on your group because i would found someone to translate 4
        > shorts sentences in gothic language
        >
        > i prefer you discover yourself my short text already translated in
        100 languages some by scientifics
        > here : http://pouemes.free.fr/poesie/poem-translations.htm
        >
        > i hope someone could help me
        > thanks
        > * french is the original

        Hello,

        Here's one possible way to translate it:

        Ton image dans la glace
        Frisahts þeina in skuggwin

        C'est mon plus beau poème
        saggws meins sa batista ist.

        Mais fais vite il s'efface
        Iþ sniw! Usleiþiþ auk.

        C'est mon dernier je t'aime !
        Þata ist mein spedist "þuk frijo".
      • Pouemes Yahoo
        Message 3 of 5 , May 21, 2007
          thanks llama

          Is there a more specific keyboard for gothic or just like this?

          Frisahts þeina in skuggwin
          Saggws meins sa batista ist.
          Iþ sniw! Usleiþiþ auk.
          Þata ist mein spedist "þuk frijo".

          In my mind gothic letters where very specific..
          waiting for your answer
          still thanks
          jyves

          Message 4 of 5 , May 22, 2007
            hello llama,

            Your translation is online

            http://pouemes.free.fr/poesie/poem-translations.htm

            i suppressed . ! " and used this font http://www.simplythebest.net/fonts/fonts/gothic_1.html

            tell me if all is ok and give me your firstname if you want i put it under your translation..

            thanks

            jy

            Message 5 of 5 , May 22, 2007
              Hi, that looks good. I have one correction to make to my translation:
              I should have written "sniu", instead of "sniw". The Gothic scribes
              placed a dieresis/trema over "i" when it stands at the beginning of a
              syllable, like this: [ http://www.oe.eclipse.co.uk/nom/frisahts.htm ].

              My first name is Peter.