The Heroic Age

  • Larry J. Swain
    Message 1 of 1 , May 16, 2007
      The Board and Editors of <i>The Heroic Age</i> would like to announce
      our tenth issue located at www.heroicage.org. With this issue, The
      Heroic Age has introduced 2 sections of articles, one themed, and one
      unthemed. We hope you enjoy this issue. Below, I've included a
      table of contents, and I would also like to remind you of our Calls
      for Papers for upcoming issues.

      Issue 10:
      Articles: Saints and Sanctity
      Relics, Religious Authority, and the Sanctification of Domestic Space
      in the Home Gregory of Tours: An Analysis of the Glory of the
      Confessors 20
      by Dennis Quinn

      Miracle Stories and the Primary Purpose of Adomnán's Vita Columbae
      by Sara E. Ellis Nilsson

      Preserving the Body Christian: The Motif of "Recapitation" in
      Ireland's Medieval Hagiography by Máire Johnson

      Boniface's Booklife: How the Ragyndrudis Codex Came to be a Vita
      Bonifatii by Michel Aaij

      Tradition and Transformation in the Cult of St. Guthlac in Early
      Medieval England by John R. Black

      Articles-Unthemed Section

      The P-Celtic Place-Names of North-East England and South-East Scotland
      by Bethany Fox

      Trade, Gift-giving and Romanitas: A Comparison of the Use of Roman
      Imports in Western Britain and Southern Scandinavia by Thomas Green

      Editions and Translations

      The Revelatio Ecclesiae de Sancti Michaelis and the Mediterranean
      Origins of Mont St.-Michel by John Charles Arnold (Forthcoming)

      Columns

      The Forum: The Historicity and Historiography of Arthur: A critical
      review of King Arthur: Myth-Making and History by N. Higham, and The
      Reign of Arthur: From History to Legend by C. Gidlow by Howard M.
      Wiseman

      Electronic Medievalia: If I were "You": How Academics Can Stop
      Worrying and Learn to Love "the Encyclopedia that Anyone Can Edit" by
      Daniel Paul O'Donnell

      Continental Business by Michel Aaij

      History by Biography:

      The Changing Hagiography of St. Æthelthryth by Stacie Turner

      Saint Elisabeth of Thuringia, 1207-2007 by Michel Aaij

      In addition we have our book reviews edited by Brad Eden from various
      contributors and recent losses to the Medieval community.

      Issue 11 is planned for a mid-summer release.

      Larry J. Swain