Re: Wanna share your ambitions and intenstions?

  • Justïn
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 19, 2007
      Hails,

      Well, I'd say my interest in Gothic [this is going to sound pathetic]
      started with my fascination with Tolkien and our shared interest in
      dead languages. I think I failed to realise that one could actually
      'learn' Gothic and Old English, and I chose to learn Gothic as it
      seems to outdate Old English, Saxon, etc. Other than that, a
      fascination with the ancient peoples and a desire to speak a language
      so old, and the mere æsthetic appeal of the language while written and
      the way it sounds.

      My goal is to learn the language well enough to be able to freely
      journal my thoughts and daily activities in it, and write poetry and
      music in it, being able to contribute to a language that has only
      relatively few speakers and literary pieces in it, aside from
      Wulfila's and Tolien's, and now a few of our members'.

      So far my goal has struggled for attention while earning my degrees,
      but I like to think in terms of pursuing interests this group is an
      inspiration to take my text with me and study whenever and wherever I
      have the chance, though it's an awkward conversation starter when one
      asks me what I'm reading...

      I hope I am able to contribute to our attempts in resurrecting the
      language, it seems I at least sparked a renewed interest in
      neologisms, hopefully we can organise our efforts in a way that bears
      fruition...and hopefully I am able to do more than simply spur on
      those who are so far ahead of me their knowledge of linguistics and
      etymologies.

      Here's to hope!

      -Justïn