Re: female angel

  • ualarauans
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 14, 2006

      > Ne, ni ufarmunno ragina Iggwimeris! Þata naurþronjo auk
      waurd 'gyðja'
      > jah du ansunjai brukiþ was jah du gudjin qinakundamma. In gutiskon
      > þata wesi: gudjo.
      >
      > No, don't forget Ingemar's suggestion! The Old Norse word 'gyðja'
      was
      > used both for a female divinity and for a female priest. In Gothic
      > that would be: gudjo.
      >

      > --- In gothic-l@yahoogroups.com, "Ingemar Nordgren" <ingemar@>
      wrote:

      > > Hi again Ualarauans,
      > >
      > > I noticed I misread your 'goddess' for 'priestess'. Forget my
      > suggestion!
      > >
      > > Best
      > > Ingemar

      Gabaurjaba andnima nih ufarmunno waihtai ragine ainhvatharizuh
      igqara, Iggwimer jal'Llama-Nom, in thizei jah thagk fairhaita
      bajothum! Jabai nu at "gudjon" samafrathjam ei ni guth-blostrja suma
      thatainei bandwjai ak jah silbon tho blotanon ustaiknjai, swa sijai!
      Ith thanuh mith "ansunjai" hva taujaima: niu jah so skulda (jam-
      mahta) ist thamma samin haidau du **ansunjon inmaidjan?

      Thanks for your replies, Ingemar and Llama Nom! If we agree about
      *gudjo meaning both "priestess" and "goddess", then, to be
      consistent (as human languages are not always, I remember:),
      shouldn't we suggest *ansunjo instead of *ansuni after ON asynja?

      There's one more issue I need to clarify. Recently we all witnessed
      some our posts being delayed before putting on the list, up to
      thirty hours or more I guess. It is some technical problem, right? I
      mean some could have understood it as a sort of censorship...
      Several days ago I got a pm from one of our members who said that he
      was not willing to participate anymore because of "being censored".
      Well, I can think of a good deal of reasons to get censored myself,
      but it's definitely out of question in that person's case. Excuse me
      if this remark is not at home here.

      Ualarauans