introducing myself

  • Michael Erwin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16, 2006
      Hails,

      I'm Mike Erwin. In Gothic matters, I'm mostly interested in the
      fourth century, including Gothic history, culture, and world-views.
      So the historical and archaeological evidence is as important to me
      as the purely linguistic. I'm particularly interested in the
      interplay between Gothic identity, the Gothic language, and the
      Chernyakhov culture, as well as the history of the war of 376, and
      both pre-Christian and Christian religion. So to get at these
      questions, I'm interested in population density, social structure,
      farming seasons, settlement patterns, suggested Alanic, Dacian,
      Slavic or other linguistic substrata, relationships between the
      Gothic version and other (Greek, Vetus Latina, etc.) versions of the
      bible, etc.